Every person I talked to told me that it is key for authors to start a blog. And more than that, it is key for authors to have a blog with a BRAND. A reason for people to keep coming back for more. I’ve been searching for my brand for years now. Every time I think I’ve found it, I figure out something else I want to blog about. So far, my brand is: lists. Not even good lists. Silly lists. Stupid lists. Maybe I do need to find a bran to stick to. I’m not sure yet. But I’ve been thinking about it a lot. Do I want to…
- Dream cast Broadway shows and fake Broadway shows. I mean, it’s a favorite past time of mine. I love Broadway so much that I am writing a series about it. Maybe I should do that.
- Blog about Broadway in general. See point 1.
- Talk about books. I love reading. I read constantly. I subscribe to several book boxes. Maybe someone out there would care about my thoughts on them.
- Make lists about being a teacher. There’s never any shortage of crazy or exciting things that happen to a teacher. My life is certainly more colorful because of it. Sometimes I wonder if I can do my stories justice on a blog.
- General whining about life. One of my top posts was about not looking forward to moving. I’m not a whiny person, but I have my moments. Should I keep it going?
- Complete randomness. It’s worked well for me so far. I know I’d be able to keep this up.