Sometimes I feel a little lost when it comes to my writing. I sit down and look at the blank page and nothing comes out. That’s when I put on music. I have a go-to list of songs that always, no matter what, puts me in the mood to write. Here are a few of them:
Continue reading “My Go-To Songs For When I Need Writing Inspiration”
I’m in the midst of writing the climax of my current novella, and I have about a million ideas for what I want to write next. So here are a few. Which would you like to see first?
- Rockstar romance – A little diddy about a straight-laced girl who falls in love with a rockstar, after swearing she never would.
- The president’s daughter – I want to start a series about the daughters of a president. This one takes place between the president and her father’s adviser. I am planning on it being a Christmas romance. If I start now, it might be ready this Christmas.
- The prince and the commoner – With the royal wedding coming up, this one seems all the rage. And I’m excited for it all.
So what do you think?
I think most authors dream about what their books would look like as movies. I know I do. The biggest draw for me is the possibility of seeing these characters that I created and loved played by actors on the big screen. So I’ve been thinking, who would I like to see take on my work? I have a few ideas…
Continue reading “Actors I Want To Star In Hypothetical Movies Of My Books”
Changing it up for something a little different today…
I was nominated for the Liebster Award a few weeks ago (yay!) which means I get to write this fabulous post. If you don’t know what the Liebster Award is, check out the info here (https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/
). It’s a way for smaller blogs to get noticed, which I think is awesome! So without further ado, my Liebster Award entry…
Continue reading “I’ve been nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award!”
I’ve been burnt out with my writing ever since National Novel Writing Month finished. I think it’s a combination of real-life stress and the sheer amount of work I did (50,000 words is a lot!). It’s been a struggle, but this last week, I have been forcing myself to write. And I need to keep reminding myself why. So without further ado, here are my reasons why I should FINISH my NaNoWriMo project:
Continue reading “Reasons I Should Finish My NaNoWriMo Project”
Okay, guys. I hate to admit it, but I am slacking. Usually, I am completely prepared for this. I plan character, outline, make a cover, play around on the website. Everything. This year, I have a vague plan, less than a notebook page. I just have been so tired and lazy. I haven’t wanted to do anything. But it’s time I got my butt in gear. So here is my #NaNoWriMo to-do list.
Continue reading “Things I Need To Do To Prepare for NaNoWriMo 2017”
- My best friend was here.
- We ate Mexican takeout and watched Lord of the Rings.
- The first day back at work after a long weekend is BRUTAL.
- I had a headache.
- I got a six-paragraph long rejection letter.
I’m sorry for this cop-out. I will be back with your regularly scheduled blogging next week. In the meantime, how was your weekend?