- Pre-sale excitement. “I’m going to a book sale, I’m going to a book sale, I’M GOING TO A BOOK SALE!”
- During-sale euphoria. “Books, books, BOOKS. Look at all the books!”
- During-sale overwhelmed panic. “But which do I buy? Can I afford them all? They won’t all fit in my car!”
- Checkout anxiety. “Am I sure I don’t want that Nora Roberts book? That Jackie Onassis biography looked so lonely…”
- Post-sale regret. “I bought too many books. I didn’t buy enough books. I should go back.”
- To-read list overwhelmed panic. “WHEN WILL I EVER READ ALL OF THIS?”
- Joy. “Look at all my books.”
I’m going to a book sale tomorrow!