A list by Elizabeth Doherty
- Suddenly you need tons of sleep. Remember when you could stay up until the early morning hours and be (mostly) fine? Not me, not anymore. More often than not, if I am not sleeping, I am thinking about sleeping. And the sleep I get? Never enough. I want to sleep all of the time.
- The increasingly short time in the day. Where do all of the hours go? Between work, socializing with friends and family, reading, exercising, binge watching Netflix? There is no time. No time to sit and be me. How am I supposed to get anything done?!
- Metabolism catching up with you. I miss cookies. And mac and cheese. Who am I kidding? I still eat them. But now my waist shows it.
- Bills. What is an adulting list without bills? Can’t I just keep my money?
- Responsibility. Don’t they realize that my brain still isn’t completely developed yet? Don’t they realize that I can’t make toast without burning myself? Don’t they realize that I still collect figurines? Why are you trusting me to work a job, rent an apartment, be a grownup? It’s too much!
- Whining is not as endearing anymore. My 7th graders whine to me a lot, about everything. But they’re teenagers. It’s to be expected. You know they’re going to grow out of it. Adults aren’t supposed to whine in lists like this. Right? Maybe.
*insert I threw it on the ground gif*
To be continued…
I’m just tired, guys. Do you ever feel this way?