There are a lot of upcoming Broadway shows that I’m anticipating (I have so many trips to plan!). Here are just a few of them:
1) The Band’s Visit – I know it’s open already, but I haven’t had the chance to go. I’ve heard nothing but incandescent things about the cast, especially Katrina Lenk, and I love David Yazbeck’s music. I want to go and be blown away by it all.
2) Carousel – Carousel is actually one of my least favorite musicals. However, I’m convinced that Josh Henry’s “Soliloquy” will be worth the price of admission alone. Seriously. Can I pay to watch that?
3) Moulin Rouge – If you follow this blog at all, you know that Moulin Rouge is my favorite movie of all time. The musical is premiering in Boston this summer before heading to Broadway. I love the music, and I can’t wait to see how the story translates to the stage.
4) My Fair Lady – I’m intrigued by this one. I’ve never seen My Fair Lady onstage, nor have I really seen Lauren Ambrose in anything. But people rave about her, and I have seen a few things at the Vivian Beaumont. I hope Bartlett Sher pulls out all the stops. (Plus, Norbert Leo Butz and Diana Rigg? Sign me up.)
5) Once On This Island – This one I am actually planning to see this spring. I’m obsessed with this stellar cast and the idea of it staged in the round. I know next to nothing about this musical and can’t wait to learn.