In my viewing chronological order…
- King Charles III – Shakespeare meets the current royal family? Drama, scandal, and Kate Middleton with some Lady Macbeth turns? Yes please! I went out and bought the script right after. Can’t wait for the BBC adaptation!
- Disaster! – I loved this show for sentimental reasons. The soundtrack was amazing, it featured some of my favorite Broadway types (Seth Rudetsky, Will Swenson, Kerry Butler, Faith Prince, ADAM PASCAL), I saw it on Rent’s 20th anniversary, and most importantly, I saw it with my little brother. And we rocked out and had a blast!
- She Loves Me – Honestly, I can’t think of a more winning cast on Broadway this season. This show was sweet and lovely and just a beautiful, classic show. I left it with a smile on my face and a skip in my step. (Also they served cookie ice cream sandwiches, my weakness).
- Oh, Hello! – The funniest show I have ever seen. I laughed from beginning to end. My face was actually sore the next day. Nick Kroll and John Mulaney were zany and wonderful, and I am so sad that it’s closing soon.
- Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 – I waited in the cold for hours for this one, but it was worth it. I knew next to nothing about it going in. It was electric and immersive with a cast that has more energy than I’ve ever seen on a Broadway stage. The staging, the theater design, all of it was incredible. I was riveted.
First show in 2017: Hamilton, in just over a month. I AM SO EXCITED.
What else should I see on the Great White Way?