AS A TEEN:
3. Arwen – I’m not 100% sure I loved her or her costumes, but when I was a teenager, I definitely wanted to be an elf. And she was always so gorgeous. Can you blame me?
2. Merry/Pippin – As a teenager, I thought they were one in the same. They were the comedic relief, and I love a good comedic relief. I still adore them, of course. I’m pretty sure if I were a hobbit, I’d be them.
1. Legolas – Okay, this is the worst one. I LOVED Legolas. Had a Legolas poster. Was it my love of elves? Nope. It was my love of Orlando Bloom. But he was so dreamy!
AS AN ADULT (Oh, how things have changed):
3. Merry/Pippin – Okay, so I guess this one hasn’t changed much. They still make me laugh!
2. Eowyn – When I was a kid, she always bothered me. I don’t know why. I found her annoying (couldn’t she see that Aragorn/Arwen were OTP?!), but as a grownup, as a woman, I love her spunk. I love her commitment and her drive and her bravery. Now I want to be Eowyn when I grow up.
1. Aragorn – But how did I not love him when I was a teenager? He was a badass, he was caring, he was smart. And oh, he is so, so handsome. As an adult, his scenes are my favorite, and I cannot be dissuaded.
What about you? Who is your favorite LOTR character? Have your favorite characters (in anything) changed over time?